Go to top of page
Overall result: Key deliverables achieved.
- Supporting industry through the bushfire crisis and COVID-19 pandemic with a dedicated communications program to keep industry informed and initiation of programs and platforms to support recovery.
- One-on-one engagement with 580 industry members as well as more than 4,000 operators through conferences, events, webinars, and workshops at over 90 locations around Australia, to keep the industry updated on marketing initiatives and opportunities as well as on tourism news, research and insights.
- Training 80,000 frontline travel sellers through the Aussie Specialist Program and delivering Corroboree West in Perth. This was a forum for Australian sellers to train qualified Aussie Specialist agents from our western markets and provide them with the opportunity to experience Australia first-hand.
- Delivering a program of quality trade events, including adapting events to virtual meetings due to travel restrictions, providing platforms for the Australian tourism industry to do business with distributors of Australian tourism products around the globe.
- Delivering the Destination Australia conference, as well as tourism industry briefings with STOs. Attendee satisfaction was solid, with 86 per cent of conference delegates giving a rating of ‘good to excellent’.
- Hosting World Routes in Adelaide, which showcased destination Australia to over 200 airlines and 350 airports from around the world – the first time the event has been held in Australia.
- Developing an aviation recovery strategy to be delivered through a ‘Team Australia’ approach with Australian airports and key government agencies, to provide a clear path for Australia’s aviation recovery.
- Supporting investment in tourism infrastructure, including delivering sales and marketing tools for Austrade teams to use with prospective international investors and organising investor famils in regional Australia with STO partners.