Go to top of page
The public face of Screen Australia is managed by the Communications Unit, across five main areas:
- Media relations including announcing funding opportunities and recipients, research studies, initiatives and profiling international success.
- Written, video and podcast editorial content published through in-house publication Screen News, which delivers free industry intel and behind-the-scenes access for industry and viewers.
- Community engagement through social media, including sharing industry news and consumer-facing information, such as ‘what to watch’.
- Managing the agency’s website which includes The Screen Guide, a database of more than 43,000 Australian titles and where to stream or buy them online.
- Engagement and learning events, such as parliamentary screenings, the celebration of 25 years of Indigenous screen stories (August 2018) and a reception to welcome the Toronto International Film Festival Artistic Director to Australia (June 2019).
Sarah's ChannelKey 2018/19 achievements:
- Over 2.66 million unique views of the Screen Australia website which represents more than a 14% increase on 2017/18.
- More than a 30% increase in social media following, finishing the financial year with a combined audience of over 125,000.
- Published 23 written articles, 16 podcasts and 29 videos on Screen News, which provided substantial promotional support to content makers and free market intelligence to the industry.
- Over 1.33 million views of video content across YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- More than 15,000 streams of the Screen Australia podcast.
- Distributed 86 media releases and backgrounders profiling the industry, which were viewed more than 285,000 times.
- Staged the largest event in Screen Australia’s history, celebrating 25 years of Indigenous screen stories in August 2018.
- Launched a new interactive version of the highly popular Upcoming Production Report in June 2019, housed on screenaustralia.gov.au. The new portal details all major television, film and online titles that are in production, assisting industry professionals to find work and promoting awareness of Australian content.
Notes: Page views as reported by Google Analytics. Video views as reported by Simply Measured, utilising Facebook 3-second minimum, YouTube 30-second minimum and Instagram 3-second minimum view.