Go to top of page
Our model WHS Act and Regulations …
- provide a fair, balanced and consistent focus on the health and safety of workers
- help reduce compliance costs for Australian business, and
- improve regulatory efficiency.
Our model Codes of Practice and guidance materials …
- provide practical guidance on how to comply with WHS laws
- provide effective ways to identify and manage risks, and
- help those who have a duty under the law understand their responsibilities and how these responsibilities can be met.
Our national data and research …
- provide a reliable evidence base to inform WHS and workers’ compensation policy and practice
- create a national picture of work-related injuries, fatalities and diseases, and
- help to identify emerging work-related issues.
Our national education and awareness campaigns …
- help draw attention to health and safety issues in the workplace
- provide a range of resources, campaign materials and ideas to help organisations plan activities in their workplace, and
- empower workers to speak up about health and safety in their workplaces.