Go to top of page
- In 2020–21, the Mint entered into 11 new consultancy contracts involving total actual expenditure of $258,411.88. Ten ongoing reportable consultancy contracts remained active involving total expenditure of $177,580.63.
- Annual reports contain information about actual expenditure on contracts for consultancies. Information on the value of the Mint’s contracts and consultancies is available on AusTender (www.tenders.gov.au).
The Mint’s policy for selecting and engaging consultants is based on:
- open and effective competition
- ethics and fair dealing
- accountability and reporting
- national competitiveness and industry development
- compliance with Australian Government policies.
Consultancies were engaged to:
- investigate or diagnose a defined issue or problem
- carry out defined research, reviews or evaluations
- provide independent advice and information
- provide creative solutions to help the Mint manage its decision making.
Providers of consultancy services were selected through these procurement procedures:
- open tender—involving publishing an open approach to market and inviting submissions
- limited tender—involving an agency approaching one or more potential suppliers to make submissions, where the process does not meet the rules for open tender.
The most common categories for engaging consultancy services were the:
- unavailability of specialist in-house resources in the short timeframe allowed
- need for an independent study, review or assessment
- need for specialist or professional skills and knowledge not available in-house.
Table 5 indicates the reportable consultancy contract expenditure for 2020-21
Table 5 - Reportable Consultancy Contracts
New contracts entered into during the period
Ongoing contracts entered into during previous period
Table 6 shows the top five consultants (by value of spend) with the Mint during the year.
Table 6 - Top Five Consultants in 2020–21
Start Service Pty Ltd
Ridley4 Pty Ltd
Centre for Strategy and Governance
Providence Consulting Group
In 2020–21, the Mint entered into 11 new consultancy contracts involving total actual expenditure of $258,411.96. A total 10 ongoing reportable consultancy contracts remained active involving total expenditure of $177,580.63.
Annual reports contain information about actual expenditure on contracts for consultancies. Information on the value of contracts and consultancies is available on AusTender (www.tenders.gov.au)