Go to top of page
Enabling Legislation and Responsible Minister
The RAAF Welfare Recreational Company (RWRC) was incorporated on 25 October 1972 to administer the assets of the RAAF Central Welfare Trust Fund (RCWTF) and is subject to the Corporations Act 2001. The RWRC operates within the Defence Portfolio reporting to the Minister for Defence Personnel. The Hon Darren Chester, MP was the Responsible Minister for the period of this report.
The initial seed funding for the Trust came from the profits of canteens operating during WW11 and subsequently disbanded.
The RWRC also complies with the requirements of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA) and the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission Act 2012 with respect to:
- Reporting to Ministers and Parliament;
- Contents of Annual Report;
- Audit of the RWRC’s financial statements by the Auditor-General;
- Banking and investment powers of authorities;
- General policies of the Australian Government; and
- Conduct of directors and officers, including the civil consequences of any breach of their duties by the directors and officers.