Protecting against inappropriate health care practice
During the 2018–19 reporting period, PSR continued to:
- investigate health care professionals
- refer matters to Committees
- progress PSR Committee hearings
- determine sanctions for finalised Committee matters and consider ratification of negotiated agreements through PSR’s Determining Authority
- refer behaviour that may be a threat to the life or health of patients, or that fails to meet professional standards, to the relevant bodies for appropriate action.
A summary of outcomes is provided in the ‘Professional Services Review Agency performance’ section of this report.