Go to top of page
Old Parliament House’s work health and safety (WHS) arrangements are in line with the requirements of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
Our WHS initiatives include:
- providing training to all employees, volunteers and contractors to ensure that they are aware of their responsibilities under the Act
- ensuring that WHS awareness is a mandatory module in the induction program for new employees, volunteers and contractors
- maintaining a dedicated intranet page that provides information on WHS legislation and responsibilities, as well as notification and reporting tools, for all employees
- establishing procurement and contracting procedures that outline legislative requirements and the responsibilities of contractors in relation to WHS
- aligning human resources policies and procedures with WHS legislative requirement
- offering a health and wellbeing program to all staff to promote a culture of maintaining a healthy work and life balance.
During the reporting period, we had one incident that was notifiable under section 38 of the Act. It was investigated with no findings recorded.