Go to top of page
The Director is responsible for:
- managing the day-to-day administration of the entity
- ensuring accountability to the government, parliament and public
- assisting the minister to fulfil accountability obligations, as required by the parliament, in relation to operations and administration
- overseeing corporate governance and determining strategic priorities in consultation with the Deputy Director and section heads
- setting broad strategic vision.
Ms Daryl Karp AM joined Old Parliament House as Director in 2013. Previously she was Chief Executive Officer of Film Australia and Head of Factual Television at the ABC. She is a company director of SBS, where she sits on the Audit and Risk Committee; Chair of the Council of Australasian Museum Directors; and a fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. In 2017, Ms Karp received the ACT Public Sector and Academia Award at the Telstra Business Women’s Awards. In 2019, Ms Karp was made a Member of the Order of Australia for her significant service to the arts, particularly to the museum and galleries sector.
The Deputy Director leads:
- exhibitions, public programs and events
- learning and visitor services
- marketing, public affairs and evaluation
- heritage management, conservation and collections
- facilities management and information and communications technology.
Mr Andrew Harper joined Old Parliament House as Deputy Director in 2008. He previously worked in senior corporate management roles in the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet and the Department of Finance.