Go to top of page
PROGRAM 1 – SUPPORT FOR THE GOVERNOR-GENERAL AND OFFICIAL FUNCTIONS
The program comprises two components:
- Support for of the Governor-General; and
- Administration of the Australian honours and awards system.
The objectives of this program are to:
- provide high-level policy advice and administrative assistance to the Governor-General in support of official duties
- manage and maintain the Governor-General’s official residences in Canberra and Sydney, including capital improvements, building and grounds maintenance and caretaking
- administer, on behalf of the Governor-General, the Australian honours and awards system, including all civilian honours and awards for members of the Australian Defence Force
- undertake research and prepare nominations for consideration by the Council for the Order of Australia, the Australian Bravery Decorations Council, and the National Emergency Medal Committee
- provide efficient and effective secretariat support to the Australian honours advisory bodies
- undertake the efficient procurement of Australian honours medals and insignia, warrants and investiture items.
TABLE 2: FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE FOR PROGRAM 1
Departmental appropriation – Cost of Components 1 and 2
Expenses not requiring appropriation