Go to top of page
Appendix 5: Ecologically sustainable development and environmental performance
The CDPP is committed to the ongoing efficient and effective management of resources. We have initiatives in place that contribute to a more sustainable environment.
Our range of energy saving methods include:
- using technology to minimise energy use, including automatic power‑down devices on electrical equipment
- transition to shared data centre locations where possible to reduce our air conditioning requirements
- use of energy efficient lighting control systems throughout CDPP offices to reduce energy usage
- ensuring all our computer equipment is energy‑star enabled
- recycling of printer toner cartridges
- transitioning the corporate fleet to small hybrid vehicles
- reducing the need to travel by providing staff with access to video and teleconferencing facilities in our offices, and
- incorporating an energy efficient design in our office fit‑out projects with the aim of reducing overall energy usage.