Go to top of page
During this reporting period, we worked to achieve 43 performance measures outlined in the OAIC Corporate Plan 2018–19. We met the target for 38 of these performance measures and we did not achieve four (one measure did not apply during this reporting period).
- promoted and upheld privacy rights by achieving 30 of the 32 performance measures
- promoted and upheld information access rights by achieving 8 of the 11 performance measures (one measure did not apply during this reporting period).
Promote and uphold privacy rights
- negotiated and accepted enforceable undertakings from the Commonwealth Bank of Australia Ltd and Wilson Asset Management (International) Pty Ltd
- conducted targeted privacy assessments in areas such as finance, telecommunications, government, data matching and digital health
- finalised 2,919 privacy complaints, a 5.5% increase on the number of privacy complaints we closed last financial year, while managing a 12.1% increase in privacy complaints received
- published quarterly reports on the operation of the Notifiable Data Breach (NDB) scheme and the Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme 12-Month Insights Report
- finalised 79% of notifications received for 950 notifiable data breaches (under the NDB scheme) within 60 days, finalised 66.1% of voluntary notifications for 175 data breaches within 60 days and finalised 90% of notifications received for My Health Record data breaches within 60 days
- made two public interest determinations on the disclosure of homicide data for the Australian Federal Police and the Australian honours system for the Department of Home Affairs
- released a new training resource about the Privacy (Australian Government Agencies — Governance) APP Code 2017 (Privacy Code) and the Notifiable Data Breaches (NDB) scheme
- launched new resources for My Health Record consumers
- launched our new website for public feedback.
Promote and uphold information access rights
- finalised 659 Information Commissioner (IC) reviews, an 8% increase on the number of IC reviews we closed last financial year, while managing a 15.9% increase in IC review applications
- published the Information Publication Scheme (IPS) Survey 2018
- published a revised guide for Access to Government Information — Administrative Access
- launched a digital campaign for Right to Know Day 2018.