Go to top of page
Our purpose is to promote and uphold privacy and information access rights.
In the OAIC Corporate Plan 2018–19 we determined we would be successful if we:
- assisted businesses and Australian Government agencies to understand their privacy obligations, and encouraged them to respect and protect the personal information they handle
- efficiently and effectively took action against suspected interferences with privacy to improve compliance with the Privacy Act
- helped the community to understand and feel confident to exercise their privacy and information access rights
- assisted Australian Government agencies to understand their freedom of information (FOI) obligations, and respect and promote access to government information
- efficiently and effectively carried out our regulatory functions
under the FOI Act.