Go to top of page
NOPSEMA recognises effective regulation benefits from meaningful communication and engagement. As such, NOPSEMA proactively seeks to engage with its stakeholders to provide advice and promote continuous improvement.
As part of NOPSEMA’s commitment to maintain open, accountable and robust relationships with stakeholders, the authority hosted and/or participated in a variety of workshops, forums and conferences, attended by industry, government, non-government organisations and the community both in Australia and internationally. In 2018–19 this included:
- Conducting 880 liaison meetings with duty holders, state, federal and international government agencies; and other stakeholders on a range of safety, well integrity and environmental management matters
- Exhibiting alongside colleagues from the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science (DIIS), Geoscience Australia and NOPTA at the 2019 Australian Petroleum Production & Exploration Association (APPEA) conference and exhibition in Brisbane
- Participated and chaired several panel sessions at the 2019 Spillcon Conference in Perth
- Published new regulatory guidance to assist industry compliance with amendments made to the Environment Regulations
- Published a brochure explaining how to make public comment on environment plans
- Hosting public workshops to discuss the progress of initiatives to improve transparency in the offshore petroleum industry.