Go to top of page
Key achievements and key challenges
- Continued to progress cooperative risk management solutions in oil spill preparedness and response within industry.
- Broadening engagement with the offshore workforce through successful hosting of the inaugural Health and Safety Representatives Forum in collaboration with industry, government and the unions.
- Successful implementation of environmental transparency reforms including stakeholder engagement, online systems, processes and procedures to facilitate public comment and publication of environment plans.
- Continued to raise awareness in Australia and internationally on the management of well integrity risks and well barrier failures.
- Management of late life assets and appropriate decommissioning of infrastructure.
- Management of ‘in-principle’ opposition to offshore oil and gas activity and associated challenge of maintaining a social licence to regulate.
- Continuing to adapt to the changing profile of the industry as Australia’s energy mix advances.