Go to top of page
Ecologically sustainable development and environmental performance
In 2018–19 the Commission maintained a range of measures which contributed to ecologically sustainable development (ESD), including:
- wherever possible, electronic mediums for communication, engagement and publications are favoured over other methods
- printing on both sides of the paper and in black and white where possible
- follow-me printing to reduce wastage
- ensuring equipment such as desktop computers, photocopiers, dishwashers and printers incorporate energy-saving features
- participation in the Sydney landlord’s waste and recycling schemes
- various energy efficiency and other measures to reduce the environmental impact of the Commission’s new office premises in Sydney as detailed in the green lease schedule.
The Commission does not provide any capital funding, project or grant funding for activities that have a measurable impact on ESD.