NHFIC’s risk culture and principles guide everyday behaviour in the organisation.
NHFIC strives to:
- maintain the highest professional and ethical standards
- align any staff incentives and rewards to encourage behaviour consistent with its risk appetite
- provide an environment where employees are empowered to the full extent of their abilities and that fosters innovation and learning within business practices
- monitor, stress test and re-evaluate risk ensuring management information systems and risk reporting accurately reflect the underlying risk
- only provide facilities after carefully and appropriately considering the risk implications
- be intolerant of regulatory and compliance breaches.