Risk management, fraud control and other policies
As part of the secretariat services arrangements the Council relies upon the risk oversight and management principles and systems put in place by the ACCC to meet Commonwealth requirements including in relation to:
- Risk Management
- Budget estimates under the PGPA Act
- Annual financial statements under the PGPA Act
- Fraud control & fraud risk assessment under the PGPA Act
- Procurement under the PGPA Act
- Commonwealth Protective Security Policy Framework
- Reporting under the Legal Services Directions 2017 and Freedom of Information Act 1982
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Workplace Diversity
- Strategic Workforce Plan 2018–21
Some minor modifications to standard ACCC processes are made, as required, to make them fit for purpose for the Council.
Risk management for the Council is considered by the Council at regular meetings.
The Council also has in place a fraud control plan which takes into account the Commonwealth Fraud Control Framework. There were no instances of fraud or allegations of fraud in 2018-19.
Certificate of Fraud Measures
I certify that, as at 30 June 2019, the National Competition Council (NCC) had completed its fraud risk assessments and a fraud control plan. I certify that the NCC has in place appropriate fraud prevention, detection, investigation, management, and recording and reporting procedures and processes that meet the specific needs of the agency. The NCC has taken all reasonable measures to deal with appropriately and minimise the incidence of fraud in the agency.