Enterprise Agreements and Remuneration
The NCA Enterprise Agreement 2018-2021 (the Enterprise Agreement), provides a number of leave provisions aimed at providing a more flexible and family-friendly environment for employees. These include:
- entitlement to 24 months part-time work on return to work from maternity leave, adoption leave or foster carer’s leave
- provisions for returning to former duties or other duties the employee is qualified to undertake on return to work from maternity leave, adoption leave or foster carer’s leave
- access to 16 weeks paid leave for maternity leave, adoption leave or foster carer’s leave
- access to paid parental leave at half pay
- specification of the types of leave that fall within the broad category of discretionary leave rather
- than deductions from personal leave
- simplification of accrual rates for personal leave for ongoing and non-ongoing employees
- three days paid compassionate leave on each occasion.
In addition to the Enterprise Agreement, the NCA uses other employment arrangements, such as Section 24 Determinations (S24 Dets) and Individual Flexibility Agreements (IFAs) to provide for more flexible remuneration and employment conditions that meet the NCA’s operational needs and suit individual employees.
Table 17 provides a summary of NCA employees covered by Section 24 Determinations and the Enterprise Agreement. As at 30 June 2020, the Chief Executive’s remuneration was determined in accordance with the Remuneration Tribunal Determination – Remuneration and Allowances for Holders of Full-Time Public Office 2019.
Table 17: Employment Arrangements of SES and Non-SES employees at 30 June 2020
Section 24(1) Determination
Enterprise Agreement plus supplementary agreement
Key: SES – Senior Executive Service.
Note: These figures do not include personnel on long-term leave where the period is greater than 1 month or the Chief Executive.
The salary ranges for the NCA’s classification levels covering the Enterprise Agreement and Individual Flexibility Agreements (IFAs) are set out in Table 18.
Table 18: Australian Public Service Act Employment Salary Ranges by Classification Level (Minimum/Maximum) Current Report Period (as at 30 June 2020)
Key: SES – Senior Executive Service; EL – Executive Level; APS – Australian Public Service.
Note1: The table does not include the Chief Executive’s remuneration.
Note 2: Salaries ranges maybe higher than prescribed in the Enterprise Agreement.