Contents of Annual Report
Approval of the Annual Report by the accountable authority.
Transmittal letter to the responsible Minister
Details of the legislation establishing the body;
both of the following:
- a summary of the objects and functions of the entity as set out in the legislation;
- the purposes of the entity as included in the entity’s Corporate Plan for the period
The names of the persons holding the position of responsible Minister or responsible ministers during the period, and the titles of those responsible ministers.
Any directions given to the entity by a minister under an Act or instrument during the period.
Any government policy orders that applied in relation to the entity during the period under s22 of the PGPA Act.
If, during the period, the entity has not complied with a direction or order particulars of the non-compliance.
The annual performance statements for the entity for the period.
Annual Performance Statements
A statement of any significant issue reported to the responsible Minister under s19(1)(e) of the PGPA Act that relates to non-compliance with the finance law in relation to the entity. If a statement is included under s19(h)—an outline of the action that has been taken to remedy the noncompliance.
If a statement is included under s19(h)—an outline of the action that has been taken to remedy the noncompliance.
Information on the accountable authority, or each member of the accountable authority, of the entity during the period, including:
- the name of the accountable authority or member; and
- the qualifications of the accountable authority or member; and
- the experience of the accountable authority or member; and
- for a member—the number of meetings of the accountable authority attended by the member during the period; and
- for a member—whether the member is an executive member or non-executive member
An outline of the organisational structure of the entity (including any subsidiaries of the entity).
An outline of the location (whether or not in Australia) of major activities or facilities of the entity.
People and operations
Information in relation to the main corporate governance practices used by the entity during the period.
The decision-making process undertaken by the accountable authority for making a decision if:
- the decision is to approve the entity paying for a good or service from another Commonwealth entity or a company, or providing a grant to another Commonwealth entity or a company; and
- the entity, and the other Commonwealth entity or the company, are related entities; and
- the value of the transaction, or if there is more than one transaction, the aggregate value of those transactions, is more than $10,000 (inclusive of GST).
Any significant activities and changes that affected the operations or structure of the entity during the period.
Particulars of judicial decisions or decisions of administrative tribunals made during the period that have had, or may have, a significant effect on the operations of the entity.
Particulars of any report on the entity given during the period by:
- the Auditor-General, other than a report under s43 of the PGPA Act (which deals with the Auditor-General’s audit of the annual financial statements for Commonwealth entities); or
- a Committee of either House, or of both Houses, of the Parliament; or
- the Commonwealth Ombudsman; or
- the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
If the accountable authority has been unable to obtain information from a subsidiary of the entity that is required to be included in the Annual Report—an explanation of the information that was not obtained and the effect of not having the information on the Annual Report
Details of any indemnity that applied during the period to the accountable authority, any member of the accountable authority or officer of the entity against a liability (including premiums paid, or agreed to be paid, for insurance against the authority, member or officer’s liability for legal costs).
An index identifying where the requirements of this section and s17BF (if applicable) are to be found.