Go to top of page
IBA’s consistent efforts to maintain healthy workplaces and staff were uniquely challenged in 2019–20. COVID-19 impacted both work with customers and the entire workforce, which was quickly transitioned to working from home. IBA is proud to have been able to support its staff’s wellbeing in this dramatic shift including:
- new temporary operating procedures to ensure staff safety and wellbeing
- care packages sent to staff homes
- a $200 one-off payment for staff at home to buy office furniture and supplies.
Other wellbeing activities included:
- IBA supported 96 staff to participate across 26 teams in the 2019 STEPtember Initiative (a National fundraiser for cerebral palsy). IBA staff raised $4,252.25 in total and took more than 21 million steps collectively during the initiative.
- engagement with the Lifeworks employee wellbeing portal to assist staff in improving their health, happiness and productivity
- increased measures to encourage staff recognition such as the introduction of ‘Share the Love’ staff-nominated shout outs.
- continuation of NAIDOC and Elm Tree awards, and the Health and Safety Committee
- introduction of Local Coordinator roles for each office to ensure each IBA region and office applies IBA’s values and WHS standards consistently.