Go to top of page
IPEA’s organisational objectives are to provide:
- advice and administration for current and former parliamentarians and their staff on travel and travel related work expenses to support them in the exercise of their parliamentary functions and their respective roles
- independent oversight of the work expenses accessed by current and former parliamentarians and their staff through our auditing and reporting functions.
Consistent with Outcome 1 for IPEA in the Portfolio Budget Statements for 2019–20 and IPEA’s Corporate Plan for 2019–20, IPEA’s performance criteria for the years 2019–20 through to 2020–21 are to:
- provide clear and timely advice to parliamentarians and their staff on travel and related expenses
- process travel expenses and allowance claims accurately and on time
- increase transparency through publication of work resources of parliamentarians and travel resources of their staff
- provide assurance and audit functions for work resources of parliamentarians and the travel for their staff.