Geoscience Australia is the national public sector geoscience organisation. We support evidence-based decisions through information, advice and services for a strong economy, resilient society and sustainable environment.
Our purpose is to be the trusted source of information on Australia’s geology and geography for government, industry and community decision making, and contribute to a safer, more prosperous and well-informed Australia.
To achieve our purpose, our work is delivered through six key strategic priorities:
- Building Australia’s resource wealth—to maximise benefits from Australia’s minerals and energy resources, now and into the future
- Supporting Australia's community safety—to strengthen our resilience to the impact of hazards
- Securing Australia's water resources—to optimise and sustain the use of our water resources
- Managing Australia's marine jurisdictions—to support sustainable use of our marine environment
- Creating a location-enabled Australia—to use detailed and fundamental geographic location information to develop our nation
- Enabling an informed Australia—to equip government, industry and community with geoscience data and information to make informed decisions for our nation.