Go to top of page
Key achievements in 2019–20
- Tropical oyster aquaculture developments commenced.
- National Carp Control Plan finalised.
- Seafood Industry Safety Initiative and SeSAFE training platform launched.
- Eight Australian innovators make the final of FISH 2.0 Global Forum.
- Seafood Directions Conference successfully run by Seafood Industry Victoria.
- Wild-catch prawn provenance project launched.
- Future Oysters Cooperative Research Centre Project (CRC-P) completed.
- National Habitat Strategy published to inform large-scale rehabilitation programs.
- Macroalgae/seaweed culture saw renewed interest.
- 2019 Australian Fish and Chips Awards conducted.
- Fish Forever 2030 National Fishing and Aquaculture Strategy developed.
- FRDC R&D Plan 2020–25 completed.