Go to top of page
Advertising and market research
- The Treasury is required to report on all payments over $13,000 (inclusive of GST) to advertising agencies, market research organisations, polling organisations, media advertising organisations and direct mail organisations.
- In 2017-18, the Treasury delivered two advertising campaigns; two phases of the Tax Integrity campaign (TI) and the Housing Affordability campaign (HA). These campaigns were to raise awareness of the tax integrity and multinational tax avoidance measures, and the Government’s Housing Affordability Plan highlighting specific measures relevant to individuals and families according to their life stage.
- Campaign expenditure relating to advertising agencies, market research organisations, and media advertising organisations are outlined in the tables below.
- Campaign compliance information is available at www.treasury.gov.au and in the reports on Australian Government advertising prepared by the Department of Finance and published at www.finance.gov.au/advertising/index.html.
- The Treasury did not make any payments to polling organisations or direct mailing organisations in 2017-18.