Go to top of page
PM&C is committed to good governance and the highest standards of accountability, transparency and integrity. Our corporate governance framework guides good governance and sound business practices across all areas and levels of the Department. It has been designed to drive efficient and effective business operations; ensure the proper use and management of public resources; identify and mitigate risk; and drive continuous improvement through corporate planning, performance monitoring and reporting. Over the reporting period our governance structures were reviewed regularly in light of changes to our operating environment to ensure they remain fit for purpose and are underpinned by a culture of accountability, integrity and trust.
Key components of our corporate governance framework are:
- the Department’s strategic corporate planning, performance monitoring and reporting processes
- a governance committee structure (see Table 3.1)
- audit and assurance activities
- risk management framework, systems and controls
- fraud prevention and control
- business continuity framework, policy and response
- processes to track compliance with legal, legislative and regulatory obligations and responsibilities.