PM&C’s corporate governance framework supported the Department’s mission and purposes while ensuring proper use and management of public resources. Our risks were managed within the Department’s level of tolerance, and accountability and legislative requirements were met. Our governance structures were reviewed regularly in light of changes to our operating environment to ensure they remained fit for purpose and are underpinned by a culture of accountability, integrity and trust. Key components of our corporate governance framework are:
- the Department’s strategic corporate planning and performance reporting processes
- a governance committee structure (see Table 3.1)
- audit and assurance activities
- risk management framework, systems and controls
- fraud prevention and control
- business continuity planning and response
- an individual performance management framework.