Support the functions of Parliament and parliamentarians by providing professional services, advice and facilities, and maintain Parliament House.
The DPS 2019–20 Portfolio Budget Statements has two programs: Parliamentary Services and Parliament House Works Program.
Program 1.1—Parliamentary Services deliverables and intended results
Source: DPS Portfolio Budget Statements 2019–20, page 9 and 2019–20 Corporate Plan, pages 28, 30 and 32.
Respond to the changing needs of the Parliament
- Implement efficient and effective infrastructure, systems and services to respond to the changing needs of the Parliament and parliamentarians.
- Explore and develop innovative technology and systems for the delivery of timely information and services to parliamentarians.
- Retain the Parliamentary Library’s position as our client’s preferred and trusted source of high-quality information, analysis and advice.
Enhance the Parliament’s engagement with the community
- Enhance our visitor experience and community engagement including the use of social media and emerging technologies.
- Enhance electronic access to parliamentary information for the community to easily engage with the parliamentary process.
- Champion opportunities for parliamentary strengthening.
Effective stewardship of Australian Parliament House
- Ensure adaptations of the building’s uses are strategic, appropriate and reference design integrity principles.
- Ensure a secure environment while maintaining public accessibility.
- Effectively manage all assets within Parliament House, including collections.
- Maintain Parliament House and the precinct as befits its status as an iconic building and location of national significance.
Program 1.2—Parliament House Works Program's deliverables and intended results
Source: DPS Portfolio Budget Statements 2019–20, page 10 and 2019–20 Corporate Plan, page 34.
Effective delivery of the Parliament House works program
- Effectively manage the Parliament House Capital Works Plan.
- Effectively deliver the Security Upgrade Implementation Plan.