Go to top of page
Financial, office, human resources, property and fleet management services
In support of the Prime Minister’s Directive on the Guidelines for the Management of the Australian Government Presence Overseas, the department provides management services (on a partial cost-recovery basis) to other government departments and agencies with overseas representation under the DFAT Service Level Arrangement (SLA).
The current SLA was endorsed on 1 July 2017, with an anticipated cessation date of 30 June 2020.
Under the SLA, the departments provides management services to the following agencies:
- Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research
- Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission
- Australian Federal Police
- Attorney-General’s Department
- Australian Maritime Safety Authority
- Australian National University
- Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
- Australian Taxation Office
- Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade)
- Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation
- Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
- Department of Defence
- Department of Education and Training
- Department of the Environment and Energy
- Department of Health
- Department of Home Affairs
- Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities
- Department of Jobs and Small Business
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Intellectual Property Australia
- National Library of Australia
- Office of National Assessments
- Reserve Bank of Australia
- The Treasury.
The department also provides corporate and property services to the Canadian, New Zealand and United Kingdom governments under co-location arrangements.