Go to top of page
The outlook for those functions remaining with the department following machinery-of-government changes is provided below:
- The department will continue its work to make life easier for small business operators through:
– a reporting framework requiring businesses with over $100 million turnover to publish information on how quickly they pay small businesses
– the Small Business Digital Champions Project, which will inspire small business digital transformations by showcasing the stories of 15 Digital Champions, and will fund industry associations to provide sector-specific advice to their members across Australia
– the Small Business Mental Health Package, which includes funding to expand Everymind’s ‘Ahead for Business’ trial targeted at supporting the mental health of small and family business operators
– continued oversight of the Franchising Code of Conduct and the Franchising Taskforce
– collaboration with other portfolios on issues such as small business access to finance.