Defence Environmental Policy and Environmental Strategy 2016-2036
The Defence Environmental Policy outlines five strategic aims:
- Defence will deliver a sustainable estate across Defence maritime, land and aerospace areas, activities and operations
- Defence will understand and manage its environmental impacts
- Defence will minimise future pollution risks and manage existing contamination risks
- Defence will improve the efficiency of its resource consumption and strengthen resource security
- Defence will recognise and manage the Defence estate heritage values.
Defence’s Environment and Heritage Manual, published in January 2019, provides instruction and policy guidance for all Defence personnel on Defence’s legislative obligations and stewardship goals in line with the Defence Environmental Policy and the Defence Environmental Strategy 2016–2036.