Go to top of page
Appendix F: Report on the operation of the Natural Resources Management (Financial Assistance) Act 1992
The Natural Resources Management (Financial Assistance) Act 1992 assists the development and implementation of an integrated approach to natural resource management. In particular, this approach supports the Sustainable Agriculture component of the National Landcare Program. Under subsection 26(1) of the Act, a report must be prepared each year on the operation of the Act and agreements made under it. This report covers the period from 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019.
Payments were made from the account in 2018–19 as follows:
- $0.681 million to Regional Development Australia—Far North Queensland and Torres Strait Incorporated—Compost for a farming future
- $0.698 million to South Australia No-Till Farmers Association—transforming land management practices through supporting early stage adoption of Ultra High Pressure water jet technology
- $0.090 million to Soil Science Australia—strategic initiatives to build soils capability and capacity
- $0.558 million to Australian National University—Sustainable Farms project, shelter belts and improving farm dams
- $0.136 million to National Farmers' Federation—Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 resource for farmers
- $0.424 million to Cooperative Research Centre for High Performance Soils—extension activities for grower groups to develop soil knowledge.