Go to top of page
In 2019–20, the schemes we administer continued to deliver against our purpose of accelerating carbon abatement for Australia.
Emissions Reduction Fund
- A total of 13.4 million tonnes of abatement was delivered under contract, to the value of $165 million.
- We issued 15.5 million ACCUs.
- A total of 62 new carbon abatement projects were registered.
- More than 80 million ACCUs have been issued over life of the scheme.
Renewable Energy Target
- We accredited 4349 megawatts of new large-scale renewable energy capacity. This was enough to meet the 2020 Large-scale Renewable Energy Target of 33,000 gigawatt hours of additional renewable energy.
- We accredited 374 new renewable energy power stations.
- An additional 2294 megawatts of small-scale renewable energy capacity were validated, bringing total capacity to 11,427 megawatts.
- Small-scale systems generated or displaced 17.8 million megawatt hours of electricity.
National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting scheme
- Corporations reported 338 million tonnes of scope 1 emissions for 2018–19, consistent with previous years.
- Nearly half (48.8 per cent) of reported scope 1 emissions were attributable to the electricity sector.
- A total of 210 facilities were covered under the Safeguard Mechanism in 2018–19.
- A total of 301 audits were completed under our audit framework.
- We accepted seven enforceable undertakings.