Go to top of page
Emissions Reduction Fund
- 13.7 million tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions stored or avoided
- 67 new projects registered to reduce emissions
- 34 new contracts for another 3.27 million tonnes of carbon abatement
- 784 projects in total
For more information see Emissions Reduction Fund.
National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting scheme
- 336.3 million tonnes of scope 1 greenhouse gas emissions reported
- 3882 petajoules of net energy consumption reported
- 413 corporations met the threshold for publishing their emissions and energy data
For more information see National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Scheme.
Renewable Energy Target
- 22.9 million megawatt hours of additional electricity generated by renewable energy power stations
- 345 new renewable energy power stations accredited, with a 95% increase in capacity compared with 2017–18
- 290,447 small-scale systems installed
- 14.6 million megawatt hours electricity generated or displaced (not needed from the grid) by small-scale systems
For more information see Renewable Energy Target.
- 380 audits completed across all schemes
- 100% compliance for the first Safeguard Mechanism compliance period
- 96.1% of National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting scheme reports submitted on time
For more information see Scheme compliance.
Online registries and systems
- 99.4% availability of Australian National Registry of Emissions Units, Emissions and Energy Reporting System, Renewable Energy Certificate Registry, Client Portal and our website
For more information see Online registries and systems.
- 79% of Communication survey respondents agree we are doing a good job
- 326 employees, with 87% representing diversity groups
- $411,000 operating surplus (before depreciation)
- $70.454 million operating expenditure (excluding depreciation)
For more information see Our agency.