Go to top of page
Riversdale Masterplan Timeline
- July 2018: First instalment of $8.6 million grant from the NSW Government’s Regional Cultural Fund for the Riversdale redevelopment project.
- October 2018: Design Development with Kerstin Thompson Architects (KTA) begins.
- November 2018: Capital Project Control appointed as Project Manager.
- February 2019: Development Application lodged with Shoalhaven City Council.
- April 2019: $22M committed in the Australian Government’s 2019/20 Budget, enabling the full project to be realised.
- October 2019: Development approval from Shoalhaven City Council. Design Development completed by KTA enabling tendering to commence.
- February 2020: Early excavation and road work to commence on the Riversdale site.
- March 2020: Full construction to commence.
- May 2021: Gallery component of the construction complete.
- August 2021: Creative Learning Centre, café and new accommodation complete.
- September to November 2021: Defect period and soft opening.
- December 2021: Riversdale re-opens to the public.