As at 30 June 2020, ASD has a total of $994.270 million (net book value) of assets under its control, including:
- $290.636 million of plant and equipment
- $466.308 million of buildings and infrastructure
- $26.006 million of intangibles
- $0.244 million of heritage assets
- $211.074 million of other items, including cash, receivables and prepayments.
This asset portfolio directly contributes to the achievement of ASD’s mission and is a critical enabler for the organisation.
ASD recognised $444.116 million in right of use lease assets following the adoption of Australian Accounting Standards Board (AASB) 16 from 1 July 2019, and these have been recognised as a part of the buildings and infrastructure category of assets.
ASD’s unique requirement to efficiently procure, rapidly deploy and effectively manage complex assets continues to be a priority for the organisation. ASD’s asset management framework is currently under review to ensure that it is consistent with best practice standards and continues to be in line with Australian Accounting Standards. ASD assets are valued at fair value.