Go to top of page
ARPANSA, on behalf of the Australian Government, aims to protect the Australian people and environment from the harmful effects of radiation.
The ARPANSA program of work entails six key strategic objectives that guide our priorities and contribute to delivering radiation protection and nuclear safety outcomes to the Australian community:
- Identify, assess and communicate health, safety and environmental risks from radiation
- Promote radiological and nuclear safety and security, and emergency preparedness
- Promote the safe and effective use of ionising radiation in medicine
- Ensure risk-informed and effective regulation
- Enhance engagement with stakeholders
- Enhance organisational innovation, capability and resilience.