Go to top of page
The Commission is a non–corporate Commonwealth agency within the Prime Minister and Cabinet portfolio.
The Commission’s statutory responsibilities are detailed in the Act and include:
- developing, promoting, reviewing and evaluating APS employment policies and practices
- contributing to learning and development and career management
- contributing to and fostering leadership in the APS
- providing advice and assistance on public service matters to agencies, and
- promoting high standards of integrity and conduct in the APS.
The Commission also provides policy and secretariat support to the Remuneration Tribunal and the Defence Force Remuneration Tribunal.