Go to top of page
We, the ANU Council, as the accountable authority of ANU, present the 2019 annual performance statements as required under s39(1)(a) of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act). These annual performance statements are based on properly maintained records, and accurately present the University’s performance in accordance with s39(2) of the PGPA Act. The University’s performance is measured against the purposes and the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) outlined in the ANU Strategic Plan 2019–2022.
The University’s Strategic Plan is regarded as its ‘corporate plan’ for the purposes of the PGPA Act. It outlines how the University delivers on its commitment to the Australian Parliament and people to provide globally significant research and an exemplary education, to contribute to societal transformation and to provide the best possible advice to policymakers.
The purposes in the University’s Strategic Plan 2019–2022 are:
- Excellence in academic culture.
- Excellence in research and innovation.
- Excellence in education and student experience.
- Responsibility to national policy makers and national institutions.
- Responsibility to Indigenous Australia.
- Responsibility regarding Asia and the Pacific.
- Achieving equity – within ANU and in society.
- Building a culture of collegiality and engagement – across and beyond ANU.