Go to top of page
Workplace Culture and Communication
The People and Performance Team continued their focus on embedding the Work Culture Strategy and values alignment, which included:
- Developing and implementing a Flexible Work policy and program (pre-COVID-19). This meant the School and staff were well prepared to move to online seamlessly when the School went into lockdown
- Developing and piloting a school-specific leadership program to support People Leaders and equip them with the capability to support effectively, coach, develop and motivate staff to achieve performance goals
- Developing and implementing a Workplace Giving Program along with a Volunteer Day, to bring to life the values “Together” and “Generosity”. The volunteer day aims to provide staff with opportunities to connect externally with disadvantaged groups and bring learning back to the School to improve the student experience
- Launching the pilot Talent Mentoring Program to ensure that we are identifying, supporting, and retaining our key talent. 10 staff were identified as top priority across the School, and they were provided with an Executive Coach (through a partnership with Sydney Business School) to explore career plans and then matched with various members of the Executive team to commence implementing their career plans
- Continued improvement of the Performance Conversations program, moving to online forms with a continued focus on ongoing performance feedback, two-way feedback, and professional and career development goals
- Continued embedding of the staff-led Reward and Recognition Program to recognise and celebrate values-led performance and excellence in teaching and support.
The team also continued to work on moving manual, paper-based processes, such as performance agreements and timesheets into the online HRIS system. This has streamlined the completion and approval process, as well as increasing compliance and timeliness.