About this report
This report outlines the performance of the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) for the financial year ending 30 June 2021.
The report meets the requirements of the Commonwealth Electoral Act 1918, the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013, and the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Rule 2014 for annual reports.
There are seven sections:
1. Commissioner's review—the Electoral Commissioner reflects on the year
2. Overview of the AEC — the AEC’s role, functions and organisational structure
3. Performance report — performance against the agency purpose and key activities in the AEC 2020–21 Corporate Plan with reference to the Portfolio Budget Statements, and highlights of the year
4. Management and accountability — information on the management and accountability of the AEC
5. Financial statements — financial performance for 2020–21 including audited financial statements
6. Appendices — additional information
7. Reader guides — abbreviations and acronyms, glossary, index to the list of annual report requirements and a general index