This report outlines the performance of the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) for the financial year ending 30 June 2020.
The report meets the requirements of the Commonwealth Electoral Act 1918, the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013, and the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Rule for annual reports.
There are eight sections:
1.Commissioner's review—the Electoral Commissioner reflects on the year
2. Overview of the AEC—the AEC’s role, functions and organisational structure
3. Performance report—performance against the agency purpose and directions in the AEC Corporate Plan 2019–2023 with reference to the Portfolio Budget Statements.
4. AEC functions—the functions which deliver the AEC’s purpose and highlights of the year
5. Management and accountability—information on the management and accountability of the AEC
6. Financial statements—financial performance for 2019–20 including audited financial statements
7. Appendices—additional information
8. Reader guides—abbreviations and acronyms, glossary, index to the list of annual report requirements and a general index