Go to top of page
Recruiting for a diverse workforce
The ABS has continued to identify opportunities to recruit and attract a diverse workforce including:
- participating in affirmative measure recruitment programs for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples including APS Indigenous Graduate program, Indigenous Australian Government Development Program (IAGDP), Indigenous Apprentice Program, Australian Government Indigenous Lateral Entry Program (AGILE) and positions with the ABS advertised as affirmative measures (for example, ABS Graduate Program)
- participating in the APS GradAccess Program for graduates with a disability
- partnering with JobAccess to increase employment opportunities for people with a disability
- participating in the ‘Dandelion 2’ program which sources and assesses autistic talent for the APS, to identify suitable candidates for the ABS from the second half of 2018
- utilising the APS RecruitAbility scheme for all vacancies
- updating the inclusion and diversity material on the ABS website Careers Pages.
In our 2018 graduate intake, 3% of graduates identified with a disability, and 42% were female.