Go to top of page
The efficiency and effectiveness of the ABS depends on attracting and retaining the right people.
Key achievements in 2017–18
In 2017–18 ABS recruitment processes included recruitment of:
- around 150 temporary staff for the AMLPS
- 31 graduates, who commenced the Graduate Development Program in February 2018
- 80 promotions and ongoing engagements in specialist areas such as economics, methodology and ICT
- 65 promotions and ongoing engagements in our National Data Acquisition Centre in Geelong
- 264 ongoing and non-ongoing Field Interviewers across Australia.
Initiatives in recruitment practices have included using agile techniques for the recruitment of temporary staff for the AMLPS, co-designing selection processes with panels to best meet their needs and increasing the use of video interviewing to improve timeliness and help assess candidate suitability.