Go to top of page
The ABCC is committed to changing behaviour by promoting respect for the rule of law in the building and construction industry.
It does this by:
- providing information and resources that promote understanding and compliance
- advising and assisting everyone to understand their rights and obligations
- impartially monitoring and assessing compliance
- using the full range of enforcement options to address non-compliance
- promoting an impartial, flexible, high-achieving agency that is focused on positive outcomes in the industry.
This purpose is in line with the ABCC’s responsibility under the BCIIP Act to ensure that building work is carried out fairly, efficiently and productively, for the benefit of the industry and the Australian economy.