Go to top of page
Project update 2019-20
Ultimo Cladding and Fire Safety Project
The removal and replacement of combustible cladding in the ABC's Ultimo site, with associated Fire Engineered Solutions, is on schedule for completion in August 2020.
Over the year, the project:
- completed the atrium cladding and roofing replacement utilising scaffolding, hoarding and tower crane installation, all while ensuring that the content and broadcast operations at Ultimo remained 100% operational for the full duration of works
- replaced 100% of non-compliant cladding and insulation throughout all elevations of Building B via cantilevered swing stages and scaffold installations
- constructed a dedicated fit-out to operate as a project swing space as necessary to relocate approximately 600m2 of occupied co-located teams, avoiding abortive and inefficient offsite costs.
National Security Project
The National Security Project will deliver an integrated security solution to protect the ABC’s people and assets. It will establish the ABC’s security requirements, including access control and CCTV across all ABC sites, and found a national standard and Master Specification for security installations in ABC locations.
- The project is staged to deliver improvements across all sites progressively over the next two financial years.
- Security upgrades are underway and detailed designs are complete for two major capital city sites.
- Backbone infrastructure is complete and ready for the connection of sites as they are brought online.
- Procurement of all security devices for metropolitan sites is complete.