Go to top of page
Content under sub headings financial activities and balance sheet have been updated 15 July 2021
The Commission returned a surplus of $3,517,185 before depreciation of assets other than lease right-of-use assets and a total net surplus of $1,442,124 against a budgeted deficit of $1,775,000.
After allowing for the impact of AASB 16 on operating leases, the Commission’s net surplus is $3,582,867 against a budget net deficit of $0.
The total operating income was $93,109,912 and consisted of the following:
- government appropriations of $85,607,035
- sales of goods and rendering of services of $7,091,487
- other revenue of $411,390.
Total operating expenses were $91,667,788 and consisted of:
- employee benefits of $54,654,800
- supplier expenses of $33,293,074
- finance costs on right-of-use assets $40,926
- depreciation and amortisation of $2,075,061
- depreciation of right-of-use assets of $1,603,535
- losses from asset sales of $392.